Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Craft Club Happiness

Susan Pratt happiness! Susan was our host for the month of June and served Tomato pie along with several other things. I mention the pie because being a Yankee I had never had it "delicious"!


Jackie , in her "pure genius" manner allowed swimmers and eaters alike to over run her home.....She and Cindy hosted a great party along with Hamburgers on the grill and CHEESECAKE! Yes ..There I said it! And..I ate it! Yummo! Thank you ladies the day was truly nothing but relaxed fun.


As many of you know we have a craft club and some day soon I hope to further this by starting a "Art" club....that's craft club on steroids :) You have all seen my Clabber Girl ( May post) that we created when it was my turn to host and now I want to show you some of the amazing things the other ladies came up with for us to create. Susan provided us with bare wood frames and then helped us to create flowers out of screening and burlap/cork and other misc. things around the house to decorate them with. We had to pre-paint/texture the frames before we came and make flowers to match. LOVED this challenge! and turned out pretty neat. Then Jackie the following month helped us to climb back into the world of shrinky dinks. Remember these as a kid, how much fun they were? Well, to further my beliefs that crafters are really just kids, Jackie gussied them all up and helped us make them into home made charms then furthered it by showing us how to make our own bracelets /necklaces/ phone jewelry...AWSOMEEEEENESSS to be had by all! Thank you ladies I look forward to this time every month and love having the privilege of your shared creative mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog